Cigna

Good coworkers, so-so leadership

Current Employee - TECDP Associate  in  Bloomfield, CT
Current Employee - TECDP Associate in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your coworkers are generally pretty easy to get along with. Management is iffy, though, and it totally depends on who you work for (as with any company).

Cons

-HR processes are not transparent, especially within the TECDP program.

-Some managers do not respect work-life balance. Just because I don't have a wife and kids doesn't mean I want/need to work 60+ hours a week.

Treat your employees with respect, and they'll respect you back.

Other Reviews for Cigna

An enjoyable and satisfying position changed to frustration with frequent workflow changes.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Pitts, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked as a case manager. In my 'early' years there, I absolutely loved what I did.. outreaching to customers with medical issues who required assistance is obtaining needed health care services. Although all communication was telephonic, I was able to establish excellent rapport with the customers.
    I eagerly accepted the option to work at home. and it was a large savings in transportation costs, and travel concerns during bad weather. My morning commute consisted of carrying my morning cup of coffee from my kitchen upstairs to my office. Cigna provided a generous 'stipend' so I could set up my home office.

Cons

Way too many workflow changes proved to make case management very difficult. After the first few years, documentation seemed to take priority over communication with customers, making workloads much more cumbersome and unrealistic at times.
    I found that working from home proved to be a double edge sword. Although supervisory staff always stated they had no expectations other than an 8 hour work day for work at home staff, in order to maintain a feeling of 'keeping current' in documentation, the traditional 8 hour work day no longer existed for me (much to my family's dismay)

As an employee of a health care company, you would assume to get excellent coverage with reasonable premiums. My family's out of pocket expenses/ deductibles were extraordinarily high with very high premiums.

Don't make so many changes in the workflow process.

International Insurance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My manager is very flexible

Cons

No room for growth or to make more money

When interviewing to attract new employees, flexibility was promised until you got in the door for most.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!