Cigna
www.cigna.com Bloomfield, CT 5000+ Employees

A bit disorganized

ProsLots of friendly staff, nice facility, and pay was on the upper end of the scale.

ConsI would have expected better benefits from an insurance company and the holidays off are the least generous of any place I've worked. They could hire and retain more talent by increasing the benefits/health care.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a large company, so communicating across all lines of business effectively would have been difficult to begin with, but in the Phoenix office things seemed a bit disconnected from the rest of the office locations.

Good coworkers, so-so leadership

TECDP Associate (Current Employee)
    Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Your coworkers are generally pretty easy to get along with. Management is iffy,… Cons: -HR processes are not transparent, especially within the TECDP program. -Some managers do not respect work-life balance. Just… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect, and they'll respect you back. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

One of the best job of my career.

Human Resources (Former Employee)
    Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: CEO walks the walk. Great work life balance. Amazing co-workers that are passionate… Cons: In an effort to prevent extra costs being passed onto the consumer, company hangs onto old technology that is slow and wastes… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in infrastructure and hr/staffing resources. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.