Cigna
www.cigna.com Bloomfield, CT 5000+ Employees

overload of case work and absent team lead made for a very stressful experience.

Claims Manager (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than a year

Prosthey take the time to train all claim managers, benefits are nice, and there is a lot of flexibility in your work schedule

ConsYour experiences will differ depending on what team your placed on. The work culture on the teams is completely different than what they preach during training. You should expect to ignore some of your training depending on how your team leads runs their team.

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure your training reflects what you actually want people to do once they get upstairs to their teams. It makes for a stressful transition to be told to forget what you learned in training and to do it the way your senior/ team lead wants.

A bit disorganized

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros: Lots of friendly staff, nice facility, and pay was on… Cons: I would have expected better benefits from an insurance company and the holidays off are the least generous… Advice to Senior Management: It's a large company, so communicating across all lines of business effectively would have been difficult to begin… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good coworkers, so-so leadership

TECDP Associate (Current Employee)
Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Your coworkers are generally pretty easy to get along with. Management is iffy,… Cons: -HR processes are not transparent, especially within the TECDP program. -Some managers do not respect work-life balance. Just… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect, and they'll respect you back. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.