Cigna
www.cigna.com Bloomfield, CT 5000+ Employees

Great Experience

Health Data Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsYou can rise from entry level in this company if you're willing to fight for it. Even if you only have a liberal arts degree and knew nothing about insurance when you started.
The insurance offered is good. Cheaper than most other employer plans and much cheaper than Obamacare.
Great 401k with the 3% match and you can borrow from it once you're vested in 3 years.
Insane amount of time off from the start, 18 paid days of vacation
Really good senior leadership, especially the CEO, David Cordani, he and his team have done a lot to modernize this company from where it was at when I started in 2008.

ConsCompensation is not great for those who do start at the bottom and rise through the company, you'll find you will be consistently underpaid compared to your peers at the same level who enter the company from the outside.
Some people who use the insurance more than I do complain that it doesn't pay enough and the high deductible creates a lot of stress for them early in the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of an effort to compensate those who rise through the company at the same level as those who enter from the outside.

Rewarding and beneficial to my work experience

Benefits (Current Employee)
    Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: A company that gives opportunity to growth. I have enjoyed… Cons: Company decisions and changes are not always a benefit to… Advice to Senior Management: Work more one on one with the employees to better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Cigna is a great place to work.

Business Project Specialist (Current Employee)
    North Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Training, flexible work schedule, tuition reimbursement Cons: Pay, small raises, non competitive bonus structure Advice to Senior Management: Truley pay for performance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.