Cigna

www.cigna.com

Great Experience

Health Data Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsYou can rise from entry level in this company if you're willing to fight for it. Even if you only have a liberal arts degree and knew nothing about insurance when you started.
The insurance offered is good. Cheaper than most other employer plans and much cheaper than Obamacare.
Great 401k with the 3% match and you can borrow from it once you're vested in 3 years.
Insane amount of time off from the start, 18 paid days of vacation
Really good senior leadership, especially the CEO, David Cordani, he and his team have done a lot to modernize this company from where it was at when I started in 2008.

ConsCompensation is not great for those who do start at the bottom and rise through the company, you'll find you will be consistently underpaid compared to your peers at the same level who enter the company from the outside.
Some people who use the insurance more than I do complain that it doesn't pay enough and the high deductible creates a lot of stress for them early in the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of an effort to compensate those who rise through the company at the same level as those who enter from the outside.

Ok company to work for

Analyst (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Ok company to work for. Cons: Outsourced most of the IT work. More

Stuck in my current role.

Telemarketing Senior Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stable job in a bad economy. Nice people to work with with nice… Cons: Difficult to advance regardless of ability. Dealing with Cigna Human… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!