Cigna
www.cigna.com Bloomfield, CT 5000+ Employees

They can't get out of their own way!

Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna

ProsGreat for work / life balance.

ConsVery political atmosphere, a lot of redundant activities and despite suggestions for better alignment with groups doing similar work, change is slow, if even correct. I have worked here for a while and average "departmental" reorganization about every 6 months for the past several years, each time my position getting farther away from those who are like me.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say you are open to hear about improvements, but immediate managers may not entirely support that, and would rather people just do as they are told. I think a bit of first order change is required. There is a real culture problem. Additionally, there are too many layers of managers.

Great place to work for people who want a work/life balance

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros: CIGNA was very supportive of a work/life balance. There are a lot of people (men and women) who work from home several times a week.… Cons: The forced bell curve for performance review really stifles the feedback process and can sometimes demotivate people. This can be great if you are working… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to restructure performance reviews. The current system doesn't work and actually makes employees feel resentful and bitter. Raises are tied to performance… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Prepare to work your ass off

Claims Manager (Current Employee)
Glendale, CA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros: Opportunity to take on other roles Good Work and Home balance, you… Cons: Performance review are not fair, even if everyone was an excellent performer only a few will get an excellent eval. Management will give you additonal… Advice to Senior Management: Stop making people think they will get promoted when you already know who you want to promote. Showing people Market Value and… More

There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.