Cigna

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Senior Claims Processing  in  Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Senior Claims Processing in Nashville, TN

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Got great training, everyone knew their stuff, equipment worked, management at the time was ok, then got to dying off, do have work at home.

Cons

Management can't keep it all together at once, their work at home isn't what they say it is, the pay is below what it should be for the jobs, least it was when I was there. If you are sick long term look out they look to fire you, which is what happened to me. 4 months i was sick and down , couldn't work, drive, much less even do housework, off due to illness under dr care and orders, they didn't agree and gave me a date to come back to work, I told them no I would not go back AMA, us doing healthcare and being in it so long I knew better than to go against dr orders, I told them I would not cause that would leave me hanging for later and they told me either I did or I wouldn't have a job. I didn't go back.

care about employees and really take time to care and listen

Other Reviews for Cigna

If you wish to be treated like a two year old it would be a wonderful place to work

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Life/work environment balance is wonderful

Cons

VERY unbending with any "rule" unless it is useful for upliner to bend.

let go of all the snooping to see if your employees are working....they are adults!

Customer Service Rep

I worked at Cigna

Pros

Sometimes they offer overtime if your interested. You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage.

Cons

Poor mgt. The managers are not equipped to handle the departments they're assigned to. Little contact and seem to be MIA most of the day. I worked as a supervisor and was hands on, therefore I could sit in the chair of my employee's and perform a the level expected. Cigna mgr's and Supervisors are very LAZY, wonder how they even were hired. Training is not always organized, jumps around too much and not give accurate advise flows to follow. For a huge company, they use too many systems. I've experienced many unhappy customers who don't like Cigna but had no choice since employers only offered that health plan. A lot of young employee's who have no experience buy big expectations.

See above, pretty much says it all..Not impressed by the senior mgt who we met. They sugar coat things, and the younger workers eat it up, "they don't know any better"

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!