Cigna

www.cigna.com

Terrible corporate culture, utter lack of respect for employees.

Audit Review Senior Associate (Former Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsWork at home opportunity was nice.
Coworkers were fabulous.
Office (while not working at home) was in a decent location near a lake for lunchtime walks, and a mall for running errands during the day (if you could make it on your teeny break).
Support for nursing mothers is A+.

ConsVery little room for advancement, "boys club" feel, change and responsiveness to employee feedback is nil.
Ridiculous break/timecard policies, no schedule flexibility, job application site (even for internal hires) is convoluted and horrible - I tried referring people to the company and they gave up because of the site design.
Furthermore, a few employees were asked to be on a "task force" to give feedback and improve the website, and did any changes come of it? Noo.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to employee feedback on your annual surveys, either empower middle management more or get rid of them - as they stand they serve no one.

If you like not being able to use the restroom for 4-5 hours at a time then this is the job for you

Customer Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The only pro would be decent pay. Cons: There's zero room for advancement. When you inquiry about open positions you are quickly told that you are not able to apply because then… Advice to Senior Management: There's no hope. Shut it down and outsource. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

All about the clients

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cigna

Pros: Tries to stay on cutting edge of healthy lifestyle and… Cons: Some of the management are sophomoric in their leadership capabilities… Advice to Senior Management: Important for doctors and other professionals who work with clients to actually practice what they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!