Cigna

www.cigna.com

I accepted a contract to perm project management position in 2012

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Supportive colleagues
Excellent location
Nice office space

Cons

Very small inner circle of long term Managers that are supported and accepted - good old boys club
Inexperienced management

Search for "new" talent and avenues to improve from wide and deep outside experience
Be wary of departments with unusual turnover and strive to understand root cause

Other reviews for Cigna

Just glad it's over.

Pros

Work at home, all equipment provided, good/capable coworkers, very free with supply ordering.

Cons

Training was disorganized and incomplete, overtime was made practically mandatory when it was described as voluntary upon job acceptance, no consistency in management.

Re-evaluate training procedures and department needs before making huge reorganization moves that make newly created positions redundant.

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Senior Claims Processing  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Processing in Nashville, TN

Pros

Got great training, everyone knew their stuff, equipment worked, management at the time was ok, then got to dying off, do have work at home.

Cons

Management can't keep it all together at once, their work at home isn't what they say it is, the pay is below what it should be for the jobs, least it was when I was there. If you are sick long term look out they look to fire you, which is what happened to me. 4 months i was sick and down , couldn't work, drive, much less even do housework, off due to illness under dr care and orders, they didn't agree and gave me a date to come back to work, I told them no I would not go back AMA, us doing healthcare and being in it so long I knew better than to go against dr orders, I told them I would not cause that would leave me hanging for later and they told me either I did or I wouldn't have a job. I didn't go back.

care about employees and really take time to care and listen

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!