There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Excellent company with great opportunities for career growth!

Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Scranton, PA
Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been afforded a lot of opportunities and been able to maximize my potential at Cigna. Also, in my role I am able to have a flexible work schedule and work from home when necessary.

Cons

There are times that we have to work under pretty tight deadlines which translates into some late night work and a loss of the work/life balance. It doesn't happen all the time but can be tough when it does happen.

Cigna Response

Apr 7, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your your review! We appreciate your thoughts and agree that Cigna offers a lot of opportunity for growth and individual development. We understand that there are times that work life ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awesome

Former Employee - General Clerk in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - General Clerk in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an opportunity for career advancement.

Cons

Company recognition on your hardwork.

Advice to Management

Avoidance of downsizing or mass layoffs to contribute on the country's unemployment problems.

Cigna Response

Apr 7, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Cigna! We agree that there is a lot of opportunity for advancement across the company. With regard to company recognition, we have been working ... More

No employee support. Management is not loyal to its employees.

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Cordani has great vision and is a great mentor! Loyal employees for work very hard in this stressful and challenging environment.

Cons

Employees are encouraged to keep anything that could be perceived as negative to themselves. Management has little loyalty to the hard workers and if an employee does 'one' thing that is not in tight line w performance expectations, they could find themselves left out on the street. Management is very opinionated and I do not see this changing anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Managers--watch and learn from Cordani. Stop the gossip and favoritism, you are Managers! Listen to your team, they are awesome. Cigna Executives---manage the cronyism and find a performance process that helps those who perform at a high level but don't want change. It's ok! Also re evaluate the HR folks. Some are awesome and others are just plain negative and hard to work with.