Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Very good. The management was kind, involved and willing to work with new hires.

Current Employee - Analyst in Stamford, CT
Current Employee - Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Cigna part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good work-life balance. Management understands the value of this. It's not just lip service. A lot of room for personal growth if you take initiative.

Cons

Perhaps more help in relocating for people that are farther away or are young graduates. There may be a ceiling for IT people and salaries because this company is in the insurance industry. Also because of the nature of the industry an IT professional will probably be working with older tech, and projects that are less than cutting edge.

Perhaps more training in-house would be good.

Cigna Response

Apr 7, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for you the review! Cigna is constantly reviewing their programs to ensure they are providing the most value to their employees. Relocation assistance has many variables, but employees in ... More

558 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Overall, was an excellent company to work, but earlier years with the company were much more favorable.

Former Employee - Systems Analysis Manager in Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - Systems Analysis Manager in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I took advantage of development opportunities and worked my way up to a comfortable level and thoroughly enjoyed my job. It wasn't a simple job, and I worked hard.

Cons

After the 80s, 90s mergers, paternalistic attitudes disappeared and unrealistic expectations were the norm. Tense working environments.

Downward communication was always a weakness, would've like to have seen a more informative communication flow.

Good company to work for

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart colleagues, interesting projects, good advancement opportunities, good emphasis on work-life balance, opportunity to rotate through different business areas.

Cons

External training and development isn't particularly encouraged. There can be a lot of bureaucracy slowing down decision-making.

Cigna Response

Apr 7, 2014Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks so much for providing this review! Cigna does offer a lot of opportunity for each employee to develop themselves in the manner that they see fit. We are constantly evaluating our training ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna