Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Billing & Account Services Associate in Chattanooga, TN
Former Employee - Billing & Account Services Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Cigna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair wages with potential to advance, good benefits including pension and 401k , sufficient paid time off. Pleasant environment. Some positions have the opportunity to work from home. This is the best company I have had the pleasure to work for.

Cons

Can be stressful at times but overall I enjoyed my time with the company. Wish I was still there. Laid off due to consolidation .

Treat all staff equally. No favorites.

598 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Business Project Senior Analyst in Denison, TX
    Current Employee - Business Project Senior Analyst in Denison, TX

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, 401k, Vacation, and career advancement, management cares about your work life balance

Cons

Need to have a base salary for each position, it's hard to walk in making so much less than co workers and doing 3x as much and a better job!

See cons! Base pay for positions

Cigna-healthSpring has a lot of improving to do

Current Employee - Informatics Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Informatics Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When it works, it works well. Seems committed to improving processes although slow to move. HealthSpring environment was great to work in. There was a strong team spirit but it has faded now that we are under Cigna. Cigna brought lots of opportunities.

Cons

Too much red tape. It is very hard to just do your job. Too many changes since Cigna came in and many people do not know what to expect. There has been a huge migration from the company and Cigna has not worked hard or fast to feel the vacancies. This left many people with the workload of 2 to 3 people.

There is a catchphrase of CustomerCentricity that is a major focus of the company. In my opinion, the company needs some CompanyCentricity more. There is no sense of support or team work. A lot of departments are duplicating efforts or just working against each other. It is also too hard to advance. hard work and dependability are not valued.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna