There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of support, great managers, lots of resources to educate self, great health insurance plan, treat employees well

Cons

nothing really negative to say

Other Employee Reviews for Cigna

1. Good organization, but slow to change culture

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

Good work life balance. Interesting work. Great people - smart and most are nice.

Cons

"Top down" culture. Doesn't gather ideas from the ground up. Very silo oriented - we do that, then they do this, then another does something else. Focus is more on the correct process than on the results at times. Makes the company less flexible, slower to change, more likely not to get it right the first time. Things I've heard that I am not used to hearing much in other jobs: "This is the way we do it here", "This is the way we are going to do it" and "That's not their decision to make".

Advice to Management

Everyone at the top says the right things to encourage creativity, e.g. "make something today, even if it is a mistake". They encourage people to step out and innovate. But in the middle it's more of a "do what I say" and "I know best" frame of mind. Middle managers should groom and promote subordinates more than themselves and find their success in others' creativity and success.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Business Project Senior Analyst in Denison, TX
    Current Employee - Business Project Senior Analyst in Denison, TX

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, 401k, Vacation, and career advancement, management cares about your work life balance

Cons

Need to have a base salary for each position, it's hard to walk in making so much less than co workers and doing 3x as much and a better job!

Advice to Management

See cons! Base pay for positions