Cigna

PM at CIGNA

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Bloomfield, CT
Current Employee - Project Manager in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Good benefits!
Good salary!
The health care that CIGNA offers it's employees was excellent. The Case Managers were incredibly well equipped to get through the red tape to get the best medical I needed.

Cons

Management changes took place regularly so it was difficult to manage processes and complete projects when major stakeholders were changing before projects could be completed.

CIGNA would do well to establish a non-threatening environment. Currently their paradigm it to make every person a threat to every other person - that makes it difficult to achieve any semblance of team effort - focussed on achieving the company mission and goals.

541 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Poor benefits, De-motivating performance structure, Good work-life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Good work-life balance.
    Decent infrastructure.
    I worked in worst team earlier, where no motivating. But now working in other team and completely satisfies. Good team spirit (at least in my department)

Cons

Performance structure forces employees to work on what they already know. By design, the performance management compares with others in the team, and if the team members are more experienced, no way you can be rated well. This forces you to not explore new things, where others master.
    Benefits are not good for employees. The onsite GYM should be free for all employees.

Listen to your employees and develop inside-out competencies.

Great place to grown your knowledge of the insurance industry. CIGNA gives those, who want it, opportunities to grow!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna

Pros

Career opportunities, industry leading products, very poor reporting and financial infrastructure

Cons

Some departments better than others. Sales centric organization. Not great for financial professionals (very frustrating). Will not hand you opportunities, need to get them on your own (in my opinion, this is how it should be)

Continue to foster growth amoung your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!