Cigna

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

bilingual customer service

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good coworkers, good benefits and great environtment

Cons

is a great place to work for

631 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Cigna is a good company to work for, however, I do believe the CSA's are underpaid

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Cigna full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work is because of the benefits

Cons

Being confined to a phone all day. Not enough unplanned PTO

Upper management should consider increasing the salary for their Customer Service Associates

Fairly compensated but underutilized, bored and frequently confounded by internal politics

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Base pay in on the high side of average for most job titles. In good years I've received as much as 8% additional as performance bonus. 23 PTO days plus an additional 8 paid holidays. Very flexible scheduling by which I mean you can take time off for a doctors appointment or something and make it up on your own honor when you can. Very good about time off for family emergencies or death in the family. These latter items vary tremendously based upon your department and manager; I have a good one in this respect.

Cons

Health plans are all High Deductible and the coverage really is not very good and even as an employee you can expect to get claims denied and have to spend time on the phone fighting to get covered expenses paid for. Many company functions that you would expect to be in-house are either outsourced or off-shored. Try to get a meeting with an actual HR person for example - good luck! Annual performance uses the 'Forced Bell Curve' system so no matter how good your team is, 50% of you are not going to be rewarded and the ranking system, unless you really screw something up, is completely subjective and based heavily upon your manager 'Liking You' rather than you meeting your objectives. Promotional opportunities into the management roles are extremely limited if you are not in one of the "Employee Development Programs" and those are mostly restricted to new college grad hires. Internal politics, both within deparments and across departments is about the worst I have ever experienced in my work career.

No point - they already know all the answers and as long as stock price stays stable or goes up they aren't listening to anyone except themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna