Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Good benefits and long term incentives

Current Employee - Senior Architect Specialist  in  Bloomfield, CT
Current Employee - Senior Architect Specialist in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Life balance.
Work from home option (depends on department).

Cons

If you do good work, you own a lot.
Communication gap between higher management and staff.

Each department seems like working and controlled in their own way be respective heads. Absence of enterprise level consistent practices.
Also there is not enough accountability of budget being allocated to large projects, lots of rework for the same business goals just with new name but same results every time.

539 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Heads-down, CYA work ethos makes it difficult to improve processes

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Bloomfield, CT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with, I haven't encountered any slackers. The average age of my fellow employees is pretty high, indicating that the company is not picking the low-hanging fruit on the pay ladder. Working from home is readily permitted if the position allows it.

Cons

Really poor interdepartmental communication and followup. Handing off a task to someone in another department requires repeated follow-ups to insure the task is handled. Improving processes is difficult because every employee is loaded with work, so they (a) don't have time for strategic planning and (b) don't have the time or inclination to learn new ways of doing things. A horrible implementation of Agile Project Management methodology has resulted in everyone feeling under the gun, all the time.

Read Jim Collins' Built to Last. Take care of your employees first, and they'll take care of your customers in the same way. Hire enough people that your employees don't feel like they have to put in 10 hour days to get just the baseline work finished.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great internal training program when I was hired right out of college. Cigna allowed me to pursue varying career paths within multiple different business units so that I could gain a broader understanding of how our company operates. This freedom has allowed me to be a more confident employee and better serve my customers.

Cons

Working for such a large company with several different business units (medical, dental, pharmacy, international, life/disability) can prove cumbersome at times. When looking to bring change or respond to immediate client needs there can be a bit of red tape you need to work through in order to enact any change.

None at this time

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!