There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

The worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - CSA in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - CSA in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good thing is the pay

Cons

Insurane is horrible...mandatory overtime..coworkers are ignorant...you have to tolerate horrible customers ....this was the worst employee insurance I ever had...do not care about their employees

Advice to Management

Tell consumers the truth..dont lie to consumers just to get their business

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Typical large company with all the positives and negatives that come with it

Former Employee - Architecture Manager in Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - Architecture Manager in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diversified product mix should help stock value and business levels. Excellent expansion internationally. Decent culture - people are generally respectful. Experiencing a period of relative success which creates opportunity via new products, projects, etc. Excellent recognition programs; good comp.

Cons

They offer only a high-deductible health plan to the bulk of their employees; expect to pay a larger percentage of healthcare cost. Can be quite cliquish at times with decisions made by rumor vs. facts. Business is often conducted in large conference calls. While not unusual for its size, typical politics occur which may help or hamper your particular role or project. Your work experience can vary greatly depending on the management in your particular area.

Advice to Management

Unleash the innovation that lies within your employee base - create programs that support and encourage employees to create new products, processes, services (outside their normal job responsibilities) and hold an annual award event to recognize the best contributions.

Cigna Response

Jun 13, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your feedback. Cigna is very innovative organization and promotes it by having contests throughout the year asking employees to provide suggestions and ideas on how to improve the ... More

2. Good benefits, I loved the job.

Former Employee - Network Analyst
    Former Employee - Network Analyst

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great vacation I started with 3 weeks from day one. Benefits used to be better, now they have increased as most have. I was able to learn and move up a little with the company.

Cons

Many departments were being shut down and jobs eliminated. I was in school and they laid me off I think because of it without notice.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest with employees.