Cigna

www.cigna.com

Great place to work with only a couple of caveats

Informatics Senior Specialist (Current Employee) Bloomfield, CT

ProsFlex time, telecommuting part-time opportunities available depending on department, good salary and bonus, very generous time off (at band 4, starting with 23 days paid time off a year with option to buy another week off), partnerships with various charities (including United Way), encourages employees to volunteer in community, I personally have a great manager, location in Bloomfield has other great perks making life easier including onsite cafeteria, gym, health clinic, physical and massage therapists. Pros far outweigh cons, at least for now.

Consworst help desk ever, not good health insurance benefits (HRAs and HSAs - consumer-driven health plans), very little diversity in upper management (very few women or other minorities) is discouraging, cheap about offering training to employees. Merit pay system (determination of raises) not very good - management has to grade direct reports on a "curve", giving a certain distribution of performance ratings, which in turn determine raises given. System is unfair and does not promote teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp merit pay system, offer more opportunities for professional development and actively work on recruiting a more diverse pool of employees for upper management. And do something about the help desk/technical support. CIGNA does a great job of helping employees with work-life balance (telecommuting, flex time, time off) - best I've seen.

Good job

Care Manager (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna

Pros: love my job, great team Cons: The medical plan is not the best. Advice to Senior Management: change merit pay Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

PM at CIGNA

Project Manager (Current Employee) Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros: Good benefits! Good salary! The health care that CIGNA offers it's employees was excellent. The Case Managers were… Cons: Management changes took place regularly so it was difficult to manage processes… Advice to Senior Management: CIGNA would do well to establish a non-threatening environment. Currently their paradigm it to make every person a threat to every other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!