Cigna

CIGNA: A bright future

Auditor (Current Employee)
Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna

ProsGood people, great vacation/pto policies; very flexible in work schedules, room for career advancement, tuition remibursement for college. Pension plan.

ConsHealthcare benefits are not great. I feel they should be much better for the employees of such a well recognized health care system. Merit/cost of living increases could be better. There should be more and better employee recognition events/programs. I also feel that CIGNA did a disservice to many of it's employees when it change it's infracturre to career banding. By lumping job title into bands/families that don't really apply, it enabled CIGNA essentially to underpay some of its employees and prevent them from receiving the appropriate merit increases each year due to some people being at or over the "median" salary for the band the employee was forced into. That caused a lot of dissastification in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to give more respect and take better care of the foundation of your business as it is the foundation that holds the structure together. Don't forget the "little people".

Happy with opportunities to advance

Sales Administration Analyst (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Cigna

Pros: The opportunities to advance within CIGNA are nearly limitless, though they may sometimes require relocation depending… Cons: The "rewards-for-performance" compensation system can result in some pretty measly merit and promotion raises. Every position has a market value that is openly discussed… Advice to Senior Management: If our pricing stinks, we're not going to be terribly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A job with flexiblility and average salary

Data Entry Operator (Current Employee)
Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros: Understanding of Work/Life Balance; Flexible Work Arrangements; Salary is average… Cons: Benefits are not that good. Costs more to have them than not to. Budget is always running short. Could use overtime but… Advice to Senior Management: Communication is key! Appreciative for a job well done.… More

There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.