There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

An Opportunity Awaits You at Cigna

Current Employee - Data Entry Associate in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Data Entry Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, benefits package, flexibility in work schedule

Cons

Can be bureaucratic, lower level payscales are marginal at best

Empower the employee. Allow middle management the flexibility to make decisions on their own

reviews filtered by

Progressive company

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Bloomfield, CT
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna

Pros

1) Progressive programs in helping balance the needs of working parents.
    2) Opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

Didn't see any down sides. CIGNA was always responsive to employee needs, from providing opportunities for growth and balancing work/family life.

Continue to value employees and to preserve the positive corporate culture from the 80's and 90's.

a business of caring?

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Though others might disagree, I think CIGNA offers a decent environment for growth. If you'd like to learn about the aspects of a job closely related to one you're in, most managers are very open to hearing your suggestions. CIGNA offers a nice environment to grow. I've seen many employees transfer from one department to another, be cross-trained between departments, and even move to other CIGNA locations. CIGNA offers flexibility with schedules, whether this is coming in later to work later, taking time off, making time up, or working around schedules that are different for one reason or another, whether this be home responsibilities or pursuing education, etc.

Cons

I suppose lately CIGNA hasn't been getting very good media attention. Through Sicko and various other communications media, we've heard some negative feedback. This doesn't necessarily make CIGNA a bad company to work for... just maybe a slight annoyance when dealing with comments about your employer. Another downside is CIGNA's PTO time program. Vacation, sick and personal days are all lumped into one category. Unlike places that designate a certain amount of vacation, sick and personal days per year, CIGNA lumps them all into one. There are complaints about our healthcare choices. If you're a relatively healthy person who only needs routine check-ups, these plans are for you. Otherwise you might find yourself complaining about deductibles or HRA funds. I don't find pay to be competitive at all. It's a joke to get a review and a raise and then have your manager show you your market value. According to that little piece of paper, I am currently being paid around $9k less than my market value. No chance for cost of living raises when we so desperately need them.

Stay consistent and keep your word. There are too many disgruntled employees out there who feel fed-up with certain levels of management. Know your employees. It means more than you realize to have a manager who takes the time to touch base with you once in awhile. Supervisors are there to deal with us on a daily basis. It's difficult to really trust senior management when they couldn't pick you out of a line-up.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna