Cigna

www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Good work life balance.

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

Fdp program is great way to climb the ladder quickly

Cons

Below market value salary by 10% post mba

631 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

solid place to work

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

decent perks and time off. people are very friendly and smart. Enjoy the work life balance

Cons

old world practices. can be retrictive when working on projects. slow moving and hard to change

drive change

Loved the area I was in

Former Employee - QA Lead
    Former Employee - QA Lead

I worked at Cigna as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented people. I had good flexibility in my position. I was a consultant and paid well...though not towards the end. Consultant rates are the lowest in the industry now. I loved my job and the people I worked with. It was the best job I ever had. I never would have left and wanted to become an employee until new manager came in.

Cons

Managers are not trained well. They are allowed to bully and harass employees and upper management and HR will not intervene. New manager that took over my department intimidated everyone. 18 people in 12 months left or were terminated...including offshore resources that asked for reassignment out of fear. Several employees and consultants were 'blacklisted' by one individual and HR has not been able to make the connection and deal with the REAL problem.

Pay attention to how your managers are treating people. Maybe the problem is the manager and not the staff. If you are seeing complete turnover of a dept and a manager that has nothing good to report about a single worker...maybe THEY are the problem. Stop sticking your heads in the sand and stop sweeping issues...like bullying...under the rug. Confront it and deal with it. It is only going to get worse the longer they get away with it. We find bullying intolerable in schools...why not in the corporate environment? This person single-handedly destroyed the reputation of MANY highly skilled workers...out of revenge and insecurity. They cannot get jobs at Cigna and though this person no longer holds a high level managerial position...she is still employed at Cigna and bullying her subordinates.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna