Cigna

www.cigna.com
  www.cigna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Company keeps forgetting that it is not number one in the market.

Former Employee - Marketing in Bloomfield, CT
Former Employee - Marketing in Bloomfield, CT

I worked at Cigna

Pros

Good product set, some interesting new projects to get involved with, many industry smart people working at the company.

Cons

Company is spread way too thin . . . involved in many more markets and initiatives, then they can effectively execute. Strong industry smarts, many times, prevents management from making the right business decision.

Seek to understand what your true competencies are and then focus your strategies around them.

596 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Great in some ways, terrible in others.

Current Employee - Accounting Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Accounting Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Younger CEO that is moving the company in a better direction. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally.

Cons

Worst health insurance benefits I have ever received, raises fall far below inflation, very tough to advance, lots of politics in certain areas of the company.

Budget for more fair raises, and give employees decent health coverage. If I worked at The Gap I would expect a good deal on jeans, so since I work at a health insurance company I expect decent benefits.

Great place to work with only a couple of caveats

Current Employee - Informatics Senior Specialist in Bloomfield, CT
    Current Employee - Informatics Senior Specialist in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Flex time, telecommuting part-time opportunities available depending on department, good salary and bonus, very generous time off (at band 4, starting with 23 days paid time off a year with option to buy another week off), partnerships with various charities (including United Way), encourages employees to volunteer in community, I personally have a great manager, location in Bloomfield has other great perks making life easier including onsite cafeteria, gym, health clinic, physical and massage therapists. Pros far outweigh cons, at least for now.

Cons

worst help desk ever, not good health insurance benefits (HRAs and HSAs - consumer-driven health plans), very little diversity in upper management (very few women or other minorities) is discouraging, cheap about offering training to employees. Merit pay system (determination of raises) not very good - management has to grade direct reports on a "curve", giving a certain distribution of performance ratings, which in turn determine raises given. System is unfair and does not promote teamwork.

Revamp merit pay system, offer more opportunities for professional development and actively work on recruiting a more diverse pool of employees for upper management. And do something about the help desk/technical support. CIGNA does a great job of helping employees with work-life balance (telecommuting, flex time, time off) - best I've seen.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna