There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Great Summer Program

Current Employee - Intern in Bloomfield, CT
Current Employee - Intern in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

The internship is more of a program than anything else. You attend leadership events, speaker series and are required to do several group projects over the course of the internship. This is not to say you don't get to participate in real significant work. In my position I got to get hands on in large scale projects where my work was an essential element of its progression.

Cons

Compensation is slightly on the lower end for the skill-set. Also, the review system tends towards people not getting both bonuses and raises if they fall below the top 25% of full-time workers.

Keep up the good work and the interns really appreciate all of the speaker events.

reviews filtered by

Good Leadership at the top

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Great leadership at the top - energetic, focused on the right things in a difficult economy and industry

Cons

Siloed organization
    Other tiers of management miss the big picture and don't carry the message forward
    Lack of communication and transparency in the middle
    HORRIBLE performance management process - 25% of staff are "bucketed" into a needs improvement category.

Hold management accountable for performing
    Break down the barriers

years with this company

Former Employee - Claims Adjustment Processor in Bourbonnais, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Adjustment Processor in Bourbonnais, IL

I worked at Cigna

Pros

This company has Flexiable work hours, There is also the opportunity to work from your home. Quick response with employee issues.

Cons

Not very compassionate when an employee becomes sick, little or no contact from employer when out on a medical leave.

Become more involved when an employee is sick, check on them from time to time to see how they are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna