Love my job

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Bourbonnais, IL
Current Employee - Claims Processor in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Good salary, benefits, flex schedule, no one watching over your shoulder

Cons

Computer system needs improving. It is a critical part of the company and should be top notch.

Advice to Management

It would be a good idea to improve on the crucial computer system.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

TERRIBLE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Vacation vacation vacation they made me write 5 words and vacation is the only pro I can come up with.

Cons

lack of training
    political when it comes to job postings more about catering to inflated egos instead of work performance
    leaders don't follow policies such as diversity, ethics
    too much power in management
    local managers are not on same page as president
    terrible pay for performance
    terrible benefits
    did I say terrible local leadership
    Everything is political
    no room for advancement
    no cross training in departments
    worst than government with wasting money on "projects' (Cigna University) that don't help employees cross train to advance
    HR hires externally before internally ALWAYS
    Make employees feel trapped because if they are not marketable in the company they learned their skills how can they be marketable outside the company.
    stupid engagement surveys that mean nothing because no positive changes for employees are ever implemented
    stressed out employees with the same story trapped in position with no raise barely supporting their families. not even a cost of living raise.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management come into the small local office and get engaged with the people that are face to face with the customers. Make some real changes for the betterment of the employee. Give tenure employees a change and hire or advance internally. David Cordani seems to be on the right track but the regional and local managers are way off track!

Great group of peers but poor management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

I enjoy my peers and our team is professional with a lot of knowledge. I have the ability to engage others in thought provoking discussions without getting knocked down. My professional expertise has grown but only on my own as Cigna does not promote training for my field.

Cons

Training is very specific to the company and not to my role here in the IT department. There are no opportunities to reach out to my peer community either socially or professionally. The management has an "old school" approach to transparency (which is none).

Advice to Management

Engage your higher level employees in regards to driving the strategic future of the company.