Cigna

Decent place to work - Slow moving corporate culture

Analyst (Current Employee)
Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna

ProsMost positions, aside from those in the call center, allow for flexible scheduling. You can basically choose your own schedule as long as it's consistent from day to day. Also, you can "purchase" up to five additional days of vacation each year, and new employees start off with 18 PTO days a year.

ConsThere are few chances for professional growth, unless you have a clinical background. And even then, senior management is run very politically.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have innovative ideas on how to offer unique products to the marketplace, but you fail to invest in everyday maintenance and necessary upgrades of our standard operational databases. We identify system issues but we always hear that there are no IT resources to fix the problems. This is frustrating, and contributes to low employee morale.

Overall a good company to work for

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros: There is a strong work life balance in the organization Cons: Lack of communication within the organization Advice to Senior Management: Continue to break down barriers in the organization so that we can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent place to work if you just want a job to go to every day.

Underwriter (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros: Job flexibility, can still have a life outside of work. Good… Cons: Pay for performance culture based on a bell curve, so some employees are ranked as "needing improvement" aka poorly… Advice to Senior Management: Other similar companies have better benefits, better pay, and not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cigna.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.