Cigna

Decent place to work - Slow moving corporate culture

Current Employee - Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Most positions, aside from those in the call center, allow for flexible scheduling. You can basically choose your own schedule as long as it's consistent from day to day. Also, you can "purchase" up to five additional days of vacation each year, and new employees start off with 18 PTO days a year.

Cons

There are few chances for professional growth, unless you have a clinical background. And even then, senior management is run very politically.

You have innovative ideas on how to offer unique products to the marketplace, but you fail to invest in everyday maintenance and necessary upgrades of our standard operational databases. We identify system issues but we always hear that there are no IT resources to fix the problems. This is frustrating, and contributes to low employee morale.

555 Other Employee Reviews for Cigna (View Most Recent)

Overall a good company to work for

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

There is a strong work life balance in the organization

Cons

Lack of communication within the organization

Continue to break down barriers in the organization so that we can all be on the same page and work together to meet our objectives.

Only work there if you can not find anything else!

Former Employee - Senior Personal Advocate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Advocate in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Cigna

Pros

If you have a degree in psychology and can not find any other job then it will pay the bills. It is the kind of job that you can make look pretty good on a resume but it is brutal to work there. The only up side is there is no take home work, just the psychological damage. As long as you have half a brain you can do the job so it is a good place to work while you job hunt.

Cons

You are tied to a phone the whole time, regardless of what they tell you during the interview. It is a very micromanagement kind of place. They actually monitor how long you are off the phone so you can see how many bathroom breaks you average. If you are more than 15 minutes late for work it is considered a half day towards your PTO.

Train some monkeys and let them do that mind numbing job.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna