There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Rewarding experience

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

The CEO is truly driven and passionate about the mission of the company.

Cons

Buddy system is in effect.

Less management and more innovation with a small i.

reviews filtered by

Demoralizing

Current Employee - Health Advocate
    Current Employee - Health Advocate

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Co-workers are the best, all bright and articulate.

Cons

I have been here less than 2 years and have never in my whole 25+ career been treated so disrespectfully by management. They smile at you and tell you to prioritize more as the work gets pilled on. There is a limit to being able to do that. There is no consideration as to what it takes to get the work down in a professional manner and to try and meet guidelines and expectations while the work keeps coming in. It is all about the numbers not the quality although all you hear from management is how they want quality. Sorry you will not get quality with unreasonable volumes of work and unnecessary work flows good only for numbers crunchers. Do not expect a raise ever from this company as they will always find a way not to give you one unless you are part of the in crowd. My resume is up to date and I am looking, stay clear if you want your sanity and respect to remain in tack. Let me be clear I have never been told by anyother companyI have worked for that I was not professional and delivered quality, I always got good to excellent raises in the past. Sorry I made this job change, I came here with sought after qualifications however what the recruiters told me and the interviewers told me and the actual job are two different things. I bit for the increase in salary and later learned that was likely the last increase I'll ever see if I stay with Cigna.

Ask tthe workers first how a promise by sales will impact the employee work flow and get our input first!!!!!! Dump the current evaluation system, wonderfull employees who would bend over backwards to make this a first class company are not rewarded for their efforts. This creates resentment and a slacking off of work because it does not seem to matter how good you are it is who you know and kiss up to. The CEO has good intentions but I bet he has no idea what is really going on as the culture makes eveyone afraid to speak the truth. If you bring up a problem you are told why it ain't so in so many words and it WILL be held against you.

They will work you and work you and work you and work you and work you and............

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Located right downtown Philadelphia; great for Happy Hours and access to shopping

Cons

Management has effectively put more onus on the Employees to complete additional task that should be handled by Project Managers or Outside Consultants (Cheap Labor is what they are doing). Reviews are based on the old Jack Welsh "Bell Curve" so if you are not one of the "Favorites or Golden Children" good luck in getting the Excellent or Exceeds ratings. Very little or no recognition at all for all the hard work that is done by the employees which falls outside of that portion of the job requirements that say "Other Duties" Turn over has become prevelant because they pay you much less than what is reflected on the market reference form that they show you. Stopped contributing to the Pension, Insurance company that offers only High Deductible (Consumer Driven Health Plans) Medical Plans (Please spare me the be happy you have medical speech).

Stop making "High Level" decisions without asking the employees doing the work; sure you know how its suppose to work, but lets think about all the million of other processes that need to be addressed before you can actual put things in place. If you are going to advertise "Pay for Performace" do just that.....everyone does not have to get a raise. If they are not up to par getting there or get them out, but rewards those who are doing more with less. Offer traditional medical plans along side Consumer Drive plans. Differeniate yourself and make the employees want to stay. Remeber your making over $110K+ the employees doing the day to day work aren't.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna