There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Rewarding experience

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

The CEO is truly driven and passionate about the mission of the company.

Cons

Buddy system is in effect.

Advice to Management

Less management and more innovation with a small i.

reviews filtered by

very little growth oppourtunity

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

vacation time, if you have a good manager it's a great company to work for

Cons

little oppourtunity for growth unless you are part of the clique

Advice to Management

objective interviewing techniques, do not fill the position before it's even posted

Demoralizing

Current Employee - Health Advocate
    Current Employee - Health Advocate

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Co-workers are the best, all bright and articulate.

Cons

I have been here less than 2 years and have never in my whole 25+ career been treated so disrespectfully by management. They smile at you and tell you to prioritize more as the work gets pilled on. There is a limit to being able to do that. There is no consideration as to what it takes to get the work down in a professional manner and to try and meet guidelines and expectations while the work keeps coming in. It is all about the numbers not the quality although all you hear from management is how they want quality. Sorry you will not get quality with unreasonable volumes of work and unnecessary work flows good only for numbers crunchers. Do not expect a raise ever from this company as they will always find a way not to give you one unless you are part of the in crowd. My resume is up to date and I am looking, stay clear if you want your sanity and respect to remain in tack. Let me be clear I have never been told by anyother companyI have worked for that I was not professional and delivered quality, I always got good to excellent raises in the past. Sorry I made this job change, I came here with sought after qualifications however what the recruiters told me and the interviewers told me and the actual job are two different things. I bit for the increase in salary and later learned that was likely the last increase I'll ever see if I stay with Cigna.

Advice to Management

Ask tthe workers first how a promise by sales will impact the employee work flow and get our input first!!!!!! Dump the current evaluation system, wonderfull employees who would bend over backwards to make this a first class company are not rewarded for their efforts. This creates resentment and a slacking off of work because it does not seem to matter how good you are it is who you know and kiss up to. The CEO has good intentions but I bet he has no idea what is really going on as the culture makes eveyone afraid to speak the truth. If you bring up a problem you are told why it ain't so in so many words and it WILL be held against you.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna