There are newer employer reviews for Cimarex Energy

Great Environment, great people, limited room to grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Cimarex Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small compnany, great experience, wonderful people

Cons

Small company, limited career growth opportunities

reviews filtered by

Excellent benefits, outstanding peers, but difficult political culture that impacts overall profitability.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Cimarex Energy

Pros

The health benefits, 401K and profit sharing are outstanding and "blue chip." Interdepartmental teamwork is collegial, productive, and professional.

Cons

Intradepartmental conflict is poorly managed from top down, primarily from technical shortcomings or outright timidity of mid management. Overall profitability is often impaired by parochial concerns and a culture of silence and timidity. The rhetoric of candor and irreverence is fully promoted until they are actually used.

You're too big to benefit from micromanagement by senior-level executives. The sometimes-astonishing capabilities and acumen of upper management are poorly allocated, at least in exploration.

Cimarex Energy Co. Review

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Cimarex Energy

Pros

The pay and benefits package are very good. The work environment has relatively low stress most of the time. Management encourages a focus on projects, but we are also given a degree of creative freedom. My colleagues are very talented and are always willing to share and help out if a difficult problem prevents progress.

Cons

The major downfall of working for Cimarex is really the same as it is for any energy company. Primarily the enforcement of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. It has added a significant amount of tedious overhead to our department. However, it has also forced us to be thorough and efficient.

Please continue to run the organization with an emphasis on consistent, sustained growth. I would love to know that Cimarex will be here for a hundred years if that is possible.

There are newer employer reviews for Cimarex Energy