Cimarex Energy
www.cimarex.com Denver, CO 500 to 999 Employees

Excellent benefits, outstanding peers, but difficult political culture that impacts overall profitability.

Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Cimarex Energy

ProsThe health benefits, 401K and profit sharing are outstanding and "blue chip." Interdepartmental teamwork is collegial, productive, and professional.

ConsIntradepartmental conflict is poorly managed from top down, primarily from technical shortcomings or outright timidity of mid management. Overall profitability is often impaired by parochial concerns and a culture of silence and timidity. The rhetoric of candor and irreverence is fully promoted until they are actually used.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're too big to benefit from micromanagement by senior-level executives. The sometimes-astonishing capabilities and acumen of upper management are poorly allocated, at least in exploration.

Cimarex Energy Co. Review

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Cimarex Energy

Pros: The pay and benefits package are very good. The work environment has relatively low stress most of the time. Management encourages a focus… Cons: The major downfall of working for Cimarex is really the same as it is for any energy company. Primarily the enforcement of the Sarbanes-Oxley… Advice to Senior Management: Please continue to run the organization with an emphasis on consistent, sustained growth. I would… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Environment, great people, limited room to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Cimarex Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Small compnany, great experience, wonderful people Cons: Small company, limited career growth opportunities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cimarex Energy.

Worked for Cimarex Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cimarex Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cimarex Energy CEO Thomas E. Jorden. All reviews posted anonymously by Cimarex Energy employees.