There are newer employer reviews for Cincinnati Bell

Don't plan on advancement unless you are part of the " good ole boys" network

Former Employee - Communications Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Communications Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati Bell

Pros

They train you pretty well to sell the product, and will give you a fair chance to improve performance.
opportunity to make pretty decent money w/o a degree.

Cons

Poor communication between management and entry level consultants.
recently restructured the commission structure thus resulting in less over all pay.
products sold are behind industry standard, often getting other companies left over phones.
lack of opportunity to advance or try other positions within the company.

Stop promoting friend and family and start promoting the best person for the job.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Cincinnati Bell (View Most Recent)

Stateside phone company call center, Local Union Based Shop

Current Employee - RSC Residential Call Center Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - RSC Residential Call Center Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cincinnati Bell

Pros

As with most other reviewers comments seem to say, I love my counterparts at my level, the benefits of working in a union shop are that there is more protection than being exposed to sudden job loss and a more stable work place. I really do like CEO Jack Cassidy's style and a sort of a gun slinger old school shoot from the hip mentality. His goal and mine are the same, and that is "To attract and retain profitable customers” I like working for a public utility that thinks it is a small business. Cincinnati Bell is a information based company that has a vast potential for anyone who will work hard and stay focused and committed to the job and customer. I have been getting a pay check in one way or another from Cincinnati Bell well over ten years, as I have worked with or for CBT for that period of time. The good news is that we have many possible ways of generating sales and this includes such things as, we brand, sell, and provide service to our very own line of Cell Phones, Internet, and the coolest of all products is the Fiber Optics that we are growing in our market so now we have our own CABLE TELEVISON and home based fiber based internet with speeds as high as 30meg, and we just bought a large data center in Texas to work with our local data centers here local. And our computer support is second to non which we call CBTS. All in all not a bad place to work, LOTS of opportunities if you like "tech" based work that includes end users

Cons

The continuation of the loss of land based telephone services continues to erode our long standing residential client base of land line and business customers.
     Also extreme competition from cable provider Time Warner cable and all the other cell phone providers.

Stay focused and attend your Six Sigma training, The training that you have received will benefit both you and the people that count on you.

Disappointed

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati Bell

Pros

Offer good benefits and pay raises

Cons

Had high hopes in the beginning, but found out it's a depressing place to work. Sales goals are placed too high. Many people are fired or quit because of the negative atmosphere. Used to be a great place to work in the past, avoid if possible.

Try to maintain sales goals that are reachable for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Cincinnati Bell