Cincinnati Bell
www.cincinnatibell.com Cincinnati, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Middle Management Old Skool (Under-schooled Clique) Is Obstructive to Productivity

Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

ProsExcellent leadership utilizing top of the line research, demographics, latest psychological sales research and implementation into personnel management and open door from entry level communications consultant to the CEO.

ConsIF you use the open door, it makes the middle managers look bad and they find a way to get rid of you!
The top does not know what the middle is making the bottom do. And it is very frustrating. Also likely why the company is not still an A+ company like it used to be, sadly. generations of my family have worked here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier for the very top to know that the middle is actually doing what they want and think they are doing, and that the bottom isn't getting persecuted for carrying out the excellent training they are receiving, especially in retail. It really is excellent training, with excellent science and reasoning behind it, but once the management skills get to the stores, the other managers make sure its tossed?!

Revolving Door

Communications Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cincinnati Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros: Relatively good name behind company as a door opener to… Cons: Very stressful. Management and points of contact of who you are assigned to work with change on a daily basis. Makes things difficult to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good pay - hard work

Accounting Co-op (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati Bell as an intern for less than a year

Pros: good pay, great location, lots of knowledge gained. Cons: STRESSFUL, long hours, abused co-op (intern). Advice to Senior Management: WAY TOO MANY hours are expected to be put in by the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cincinnati Bell.

Worked for Cincinnati Bell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cincinnati Bell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cincinnati Bell CEO Ted Torbeck. All reviews posted anonymously by Cincinnati Bell employees.