Cincinnati Bell

www.cincinnatibell.com
  www.cincinnatibell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cincinnati Bell

Great company to have on your Resume

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Cincinnati Bell full-time

Pros

If you are offerd to work for the company I mostly say I would recommend it especially if you really need a job. Pay is decent and can be rewarding, decent benefits, lots of training provided, hard work is usually noticed, incentives, cool perks with the local business's around the cincinnati area.. Fioptics should keep the company moving upward for the most part

Cons

expect to deal with very angry dissatisfied customers ( if in sales and or csr) for poor service and outsourcing to phillipines for some call center departments that deal with crucial information on accounts for a local company, Cincinnati bell is responsible for 200 job cuts in 2012 call center, the systems used are entirely way to outdated and disorganized for a technology based company, lots of micromanagers, other departments are never on the same page with anything at all can be very stressful.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Cincinnati Bell (View Most Recent)

Good Local Company

Former Employee - Analytics Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Analytics Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati Bell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great teams dedicated to making sure that team is supported and everyone works together. I really felt like I was a member of the team and have friends for a lifetime.

Cons

Fast paced very competitive industry and frequent layoffs within the business can make the environment untenable for most people.

Companies like this don't exist anymore!

Current Employee - Premise Technician T2 in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Premise Technician T2 in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cincinnati Bell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Top industry pay
    Excellent Benefits (Health, Life, Supplimental Life, Dental, Vision, Rx Drug, 401k, Stock Plan, Group Legal ((yes seriously, group legal... I know right?))
    Excellent Perks (Concessions: Heavily discounted Cellular, Television, Home Phone, and Internet Services if you live within the service area of course.)
    Union
    Managers who were promoted from within
    A Great Community
    Nearly-Unlimited Overtime Opportunities
    Amazing Training Program
    Job Security!

Cons

Forced Overtime
    A community divide between tier 1 and tier 2 technicians

Specialize the fiber technicians like the copper technicians. At the moment we can all do a little bit of everything but nothing to perfection. With specializations it would allow us to master one section, and thus provide higher quality service.

There are newer employer reviews for Cincinnati Bell