Cincinnati
www.cincinnati-oh.gov Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Overall, good employer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cincinnati full-time for more than 8 years

ProsVery much a "what you make of it" type employer. If you work hard, there are plenty of opportunities. If you don't do much, you probably won't get far.
The benefits are very good though over the years have degraded. And will probably continue to get worse.

ConsPay is on the lower end of the spectrum for individuals with degrees. You may hear that government employees make just as much money as those in the private sector plus they have wonderful benefits. I left the City for a position where I made a lot more money. The insurance was a little more pricey but the difference in pay more than made up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that while you are need to keep the tax payers happy, if you don't get and keep high quality employees, you won't be able to provide the services that the tax payers demand.

Public sector/local government employment

Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cincinnati full-time for more than a year

Pros: Positive outlook for job stability and security. Cons: No comments to share at this time. Advice to Senior Management: No comments to share at this time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Enterprise departments are the best departments to work

I have been working at Cincinnati

Pros: The city is a good place to work. Cons: There are alot of politics in every dept. More

There are newer reviews on Cincinnati.

Worked for Cincinnati? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cincinnati reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cincinnati CEO Carla Walker. All reviews posted anonymously by Cincinnati employees.