CineMassive Displays

www.cinemassivedisplays.com
  www.cinemassivedisplays.com
There are newer employer reviews for CineMassive Displays

Great place for self-managed entrepreneurial professionals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CMD is a private company run by its founders. Employees collaborate directly with the top decision makers daily. For people who are can show-and-prove, there is no better situation. No one can stand in the way of your good work being noticed and valued by those who have incentive to reward proven success.

Cons

As a small company there are limited opportunities for employees to exercise their need to connect with othes on a social level. As a relatively new company, the team dynamics/culture is evolving with the growth of the company. Sometimes aspects of the team culture lag behind team dynamics. Other times a few people hijack the culture for periods of time for their own selfish reasons.

9 Other Employee Reviews for CineMassive Displays (View Most Recent)

The Best Job I've Ever Had

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time

Pros

It's a lot of work, and I count that as a pro. It's not pushing paper, spending more time on your power points to impress management than you did on the data, or digging through SOP's. Instead, it's the type of place that if you have a good idea, you can write a new SOP. I've never had an opportunity to work with a more intelligent or motivated group of people. The company is on the bleeding edge in it's niche and has a very refreshing focus on it's own improvement. You'd be very hard pressed to find a company of this size that invests more in it's employees, from training programs to certifications. It's a small company, and it's been great to grow with it. They hire primarily from within, so as it grows and new positions open up, they work hard to help you help yourself towards it. For those who want it, there is a distinctive work hard play hard environment and for the rest the hours are usually descent hours (see cons). The customers and clients you get to work with alone make this company a great experience. Ideal for the auto-didactic and motivated.

Cons

It's a small company, especially for the amount of work involved. Competency (or a desire for it if your entry level) is critical, and there's not a lot of room for pride. It can be intimidating at first. People often have to wear a number of hats (I count this as a pro, personally), and if your looking for just a job and ignore the continual learning, you'll get outpaced pretty quickly. The hours in certain departments can be pretty hectic as well simply because the team is so small, but this seems to be getting better as the company grows. The CEO's take a little bit to get used to, but they're pretty decent folk once you get to know them. Sometimes communication is a little difficult and takes some diplomacy. No 401k.

Keep up the good work. Sometimes it wouldn't hurt to nod and listen sometimes.

The best product idea in town, however, not the best people delivering it..

I have been working at CineMassive Displays full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are people trapped in this company that are dedicated to helping other people and are very smart and helpful, but they will not be here for long..

Cons

Just like the other reviews, I will attest to the fact that the founders are micro - managers. They are pushing this culture among the ranks and encourages middle managers to implement the same principle of micro management. They often make impossible promises to customers and would stand above your shoulders to force into making those commitments. They will order you to stay late without concerns for your family or personal life. While I am willing and I find it okay to put in more time, these scenario should be under my terms and I should not be forced to.

The benefits are inferior. Salaries are far from competitive. There are no learning opportunities, no training classes being offered. Office infrastructure is poor and management does not want to invest on the facilities. They regard internet access as a distraction from work and therefore would not upgrade to a better internet connection even though there continually hire more people.

Turn overs are high. People come and go, and new hires would start finding their way out a few months after being hired.

Hire world-class talent, implement world-class policies. And put up a real HR department, the one that would address to the needs of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for CineMassive Displays