Cinemark
www.cinemark.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Seems good at first, but then...

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cinemark

ProsEasy job, free movies, free popcorn and drinks while you work, half off food while you work, most of the people who work there are great.

ConsLow pay grade. My theater in particular puts a $0.25 cap on raises per year. Employees are lucky if they receive more than $0.15 raises.

Unprofessional management.

Hypocritical attitudes from management toward employees. Don't yell at me for having my cell phone in my pocket and take yours out five minutes later.

Favoritism. Certain employees are favored over others, and most of the time this favoritism is based on personal preference, not merit. Those who are favored get the best shifts while the rest of us work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are also held to a lower standard, and don't have to work as hard.

The degrading "Mr./Mrs." titles for management. It's a bit ridiculous that I should have to refer to someone my age or younger by "Mr. So-and-so."

Advice to Senior ManagementGMs need to gain the respect of their managers and make them accountable for their actions.

Higher pay raises would encourage employees to actually do their jobs. Perhaps we would also be able to stop substituting one meal a day with ramen.

Stop pinching pennies and trying to save every dime you can. An unpaid, half-hour break for a six hour shift is ridiculous, and it takes hundreds of dollars away from each employee per year.

Execs need to know how their theaters actually operate before they instill rules from their offices.

Steady and fun college job...that's it.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros: it's an easy job, the people you work with are usually fun,… Cons: hard to get hours most times, stuck in concession at… Advice to Senior Management: involve general management much more with training procedures for new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience at Cinemark has been fun.

Box Office Cashier and Projectionist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros: The job is very fun and exciting. You get to see all of the people… Cons: It can be very slow paced some days and if feels… Advice to Senior Management: If I were manager I wouldn't make the employees feel so small compared to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cinemark.

Worked for Cinemark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cinemark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cinemark CEO Alan W. Stock. All reviews posted anonymously by Cinemark employees.