Cinemark

www.cinemark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Seems good at first, but then...

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

Easy job, free movies, free popcorn and drinks while you work, half off food while you work, most of the people who work there are great.

Cons

Low pay grade. My theater in particular puts a $0.25 cap on raises per year. Employees are lucky if they receive more than $0.15 raises.

Unprofessional management.

Hypocritical attitudes from management toward employees. Don't yell at me for having my cell phone in my pocket and take yours out five minutes later.

Favoritism. Certain employees are favored over others, and most of the time this favoritism is based on personal preference, not merit. Those who are favored get the best shifts while the rest of us work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are also held to a lower standard, and don't have to work as hard.

The degrading "Mr./Mrs." titles for management. It's a bit ridiculous that I should have to refer to someone my age or younger by "Mr. So-and-so."

GMs need to gain the respect of their managers and make them accountable for their actions.

Higher pay raises would encourage employees to actually do their jobs. Perhaps we would also be able to stop substituting one meal a day with ramen.

Stop pinching pennies and trying to save every dime you can. An unpaid, half-hour break for a six hour shift is ridiculous, and it takes hundreds of dollars away from each employee per year.

Execs need to know how their theaters actually operate before they instill rules from their offices.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark (View Most Recent)

Steady and fun college job...that's it.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

it's an easy job, the people you work with are usually fun, management is usually laid back, free movies, easy to get time off

Cons

hard to get hours most times, stuck in concession at the beginning of employment, lots of competition for management spots

involve general management much more with training procedures for new employees, convince theater management to support and praise their employees

Such potential for a good environment, but higher management/corporate ineptitude ultimately demoralizing.

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

Fun environment, good co-workers, management at theatre level pretty good.

Cons

Leadership above theatre level grossly inept, unprofessional, and inappropriate towards subordinates. Quick to blame theatre management for not meeting goals (which are unclear and constantly changing) but unwilling to provide support on any level.

Regional leadership since acquisition of Century is incompetent, negligent, and potentially libelous in behavior. This is no longer the company Mr. Mitchell started, which is tragic.

There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark