Cinemark

www.cinemark.com
  www.cinemark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Cinemark is an awful place to work unless you are 16 or 17 years old.

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

Flexible schedule and The free movies, it's an easy job and you have a fun time making friends with co-workers

Cons

Management is incompetent. Most are unqualified for their positions and they break many rules and don't respect the employees. They will stand in the middle of the lobby on a busy day chatting instead of helping. They don't reward employees for a job well done and pick favorites based on personality alone.

Respect the employees more, reward them for a job well done and have a more thorough interview process so you don't hire incompetent managers

250 Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark (View Most Recent)

Satisfied

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

Strong market position. Strong international position.

Cons

Retail mentality. Culture stuck in the 70s.

Offer stock options to employees & managers. Foster an 'ownership' mentality.

Seems good at first, but then...

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

Easy job, free movies, free popcorn and drinks while you work, half off food while you work, most of the people who work there are great.

Cons

Low pay grade. My theater in particular puts a $0.25 cap on raises per year. Employees are lucky if they receive more than $0.15 raises.

Unprofessional management.

Hypocritical attitudes from management toward employees. Don't yell at me for having my cell phone in my pocket and take yours out five minutes later.

Favoritism. Certain employees are favored over others, and most of the time this favoritism is based on personal preference, not merit. Those who are favored get the best shifts while the rest of us work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are also held to a lower standard, and don't have to work as hard.

The degrading "Mr./Mrs." titles for management. It's a bit ridiculous that I should have to refer to someone my age or younger by "Mr. So-and-so."

GMs need to gain the respect of their managers and make them accountable for their actions.

Higher pay raises would encourage employees to actually do their jobs. Perhaps we would also be able to stop substituting one meal a day with ramen.

Stop pinching pennies and trying to save every dime you can. An unpaid, half-hour break for a six hour shift is ridiculous, and it takes hundreds of dollars away from each employee per year.

Execs need to know how their theaters actually operate before they instill rules from their offices.

There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark