Cinemark

www.cinemark.com
  www.cinemark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

It is a lot of work for little pay.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pasadena, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to preview movies
Half off of everything
It is a fun job to start at

Cons

It is open every day of the year so you must work all weekends and holidays
Managers do not make much more that employees
Every general manager is different. You can be a senior manager at one theatre making a few dollars less than one who just started at a theatre twenty minutes away.

Make sure everyone is enforcing the same rules

257 Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark (View Most Recent)

It's been the funnest work environment I've ever been in.

Current Employee - Concessions in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Concessions in Union City, CA

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

The work environment is a lot of fun. The employees they hire are fun people, mostly the younger crowd. Management is fun as well, not being too strict with their rules. They still follow their guidelines, it's just that they do it without the heavy hammer and chains.

Cons

The biggest downside would be the hourly wage. It's minimum wage, even though all the employees work hard, and multitask every single day they work. Not only that, but the hours can be very tiring. Sometimes employees don't leave until 2:30 in the morning on weekends. Raises are hard to come by as well. It's a fun work environment, but it doesn't fully coat the greediness the corporation holds on its employees.

The leadership in the Union City Cinemark is the best I've ever had. This advice is meant for the corporate higher-ups, such as the CEO.
    Please consider all the work we, your employees, do to keep your cinemas running. We clean, serve, learn, and clean more, and yet it feels like we're regarded as though we do not much of anything. A little raise in minimum starting pay would be fine, as well as more frequent, or better raises. Just show us you care for your thousands of employees' hard work.

Great College Job

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

Cinemark in Valley View, OH really works with college kids and people with second jobs and their ever changing schedules. There is a family feel to this location and all employees are treated with the utmost respect. Movies are free to employees and their guests and management is very good with allowing additional tickets and rewarding the staff for a job well done. There are constant contests within departments in which you can win great prizes and the Christmas party is awesome.

Cons

You will not get rich working for Cinemark. Floor staff employees have a maximum houlry wage of $8.70. The management staff makes around $10-$12 per hour for putting up with a lot of hardship. At times the job seems thankless because the amount of work you do always outweighs your compensations, but again, the people you will work with here make it worth while on a personal level. The biggest issue with Cinemark is that it is such a large company that the corporate office is always on different pages with one another. You will be instructed to do the same thing differently by different people and both will get upset when you don't do it their way. Also, you will be lucky if anyone in the corporate office EVER responds to you when you send them messages.

The corporate office needs this advice: Remember that the people in the theaters are the ones making it happen. We ensure that you get your large salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark