There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Fun, good hours, great entry level job. Loved it.

Former Employee - Box Office Cashier in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Box Office Cashier in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Cinemark part-time

Pros

One of my favorite parts of working at cinemark was my coworkers. Everyone got to know each other and we made work genuinely fun(ny). You get to see movies for free, which is a bonus. It is easy to schedule days off, the hours are great for students because the most busy days are Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and nights in general. Just about all of the management was very friendly and understanding, especially when I was just beginning my job there. You also get the opportunity to change your position, if you request it, which is nice. Salary was decent.

Cons

Customers can be horrifying, not the company's fault. If you work in the box office, expect to stand for up to 9 hours in one day (ouch!). Honestly though, not much can be said as far as cons go...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Culture of Cinemark theater

Current Employee - Concessionist in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Concessionist in McAllen, TX

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is fun and enjoyable, being able to talk and develop friendships easily with the management and fellow employees. Labor requirements and standards are fair.

Cons

Any mistake is a condemned act by Cinemark policy. You are treated as a number, another expendable tool, they don't try to hide this, morale on both the managers and crew members, pay is just at minimum wage ($7.25) TX , and hours are not set,sometimes a employee could expect 30hrs or less on his total 2 week schedule. bellow the standard 40+ hours.

Advice to Management

Try to increase moral amongst the employees managers, and crew members alike.
    We are people not some disposable tool and don't be so stingy with profits, some Cinemark Theaters could use updated equipment to increase productivity if not a steady flow of new basic supplies (Trash cans, brooms, poppers ,receipt machines coupon/ticket scanner, computers etc)

2. Easy, but tiring work. Great Employees. Some pretty sweet benefits.

Current Employee - Concessionist in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Concessionist in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked all my managers and co-workers. Everything was run very well and very professionally. I got scheduled quite a bit, and you get raises after every 6 months. Also, they are very good about letting me come back to work during summer and winter break because I am a full time student. You get free popcorn and soda while on your break, and %50 off concessions during work.

Cons

Late closing times. Little room for promotions. Raise was very small. (12 cents) As a concessionist standing for 9 and a half hours with no real padding on a concrete floor was no fun. Very short breaks. (15 minutes every 4 hours) Also, for some reason the customers seemed to hate us for selling them over-priced goods. I thought it was a well known fact that everything we sell is at a 300% mark-up.

Advice to Management

Let us have a lunch break (at least 20-25 minutes) if we are working an 8 hour shift.