There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Do NOT work here.

Former Employee - Concessionist in Webster, TX
Former Employee - Concessionist in Webster, TX

I worked at Cinemark part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The fast paced atmosphere can be fun at times, though stressful if you let it be.

Cons

-Managers can be as young as 19 if that tells you anything.
-They don't really care how dirty the concessions area gets (I'm talking roaches in the candy display cases...because they didn't think through taking candy OUT of the boxes beforehand)
-VERY high turnover rate. Only high school kids will work here because they don't know any better (it was my first job)

Hire managers that are old enough to have an actual maturity level.

reviews filtered by
  1. A year of Learning

Former Employee - Supervisor in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Cinemark part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot how movie theaters operate. I got educated in food preparation, food service, and customer service. It was a good way to learn to work as a team, to learn to rely on others, and responsibility.

Cons

Most employees are there just until something else comes along. Management could be difficult to deal with. Advancement sometimes depends on managerial preference rather than ability or seniority.

Don't "attack" employees in front of other employees or customers. If there's a problem, take it somewhere private to discuss it.

2. Shorter than expected

Former Employee - Usher in Blackhawk, CA
    Former Employee - Usher in Blackhawk, CA

I worked at Cinemark part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was fun getting one free movie... was it per week or per month? I can't remember. Seeing lots of people and what types of people would attend different movies.

Cons

I never got to try my hand at selling concessions (popcorn, drinks, and stuff), or selling tickets. I remained an usher, tearing tickets, directing people to the left or right, and cleaning up after shows. (Ever stepped on a floor that was sticky and slippery at the same time?)

Don't have such a high turnover rate! Keep your employees longer!

There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark