Cinemark
www.cinemark.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Get out while you can.

Usher/Concessionist/Projectionist (Former Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

Pros- Free movies
- 1 polite manager

Cons- Poor management, with terrible attitudes.
- Awful hours
- Terrible scheduling
- No concern for physical/emotional health.
- Mentally straining.
- Minimum wage
- Write ups for small things, like "Swinging your broom in an odd way".
- Management does not care about personal issues. If you can't come in to work, you either need to find someone to cover your shift, or come in with a doctor's note. No leniency.
- No regard for your sleep. They will schedule you two 8 hour shifts, with a four hour break in between. Not even considered a split shift.
- No added benefits.
- No proper training. You are trained by the newest batch of hires.
- Cinemark constantly loses employees. They re-hire new employees every month, because of their extreme losses. No one really stays more than a year, at most.
-Unattractive and unflattering uniforms.
- Don't get to pre-screen movies.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, Cinemark 16 is a terrible place to work. Who would have thought that such a low paying job, would provide this much stress? The ONLY positive aspect of this job, are the free movies.

And you don't even get to see them, because you're on probation all of the time for minuscule write-ups.

Bad pay, bad management, good staff

Floor Staff (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cinemark part-time for more than a year

Pros: -People are great -Movie perks are awesome -Easiest job you will ever… Cons: -Terrible gossiping and rude management -Hostile work conditions -Short hours (maybe 2 days a week, 5-6 hour shifts) -No chance of raising in management… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to run things like a communist empire. Stop the extreme favoritism and learn… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Do NOT work here.

Concessionist (Former Employee)
    Webster, TX

I worked at Cinemark part-time for less than a year

Pros: The fast paced atmosphere can be fun at times, though… Cons: -Managers can be as young as 19 if that tells you anything. -They don't really care how dirty the concessions area gets (I'm talking roaches in… Advice to Senior Management: Hire managers that are old enough to have an actual… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cinemark.

Worked for Cinemark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cinemark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cinemark CEO Alan W. Stock. All reviews posted anonymously by Cinemark employees.