Cinemark

www.cinemark.com

Horrible Company to Work For

Usher and Connectionist (Current Employee) Chico, CA

ProsThe other employees are good at commiserating with one another over how incompetent the management is.

ConsThis place is a joke.
The pay is horrendously low and the raises are between 11-20 cents... and those only happen once every six months (if you're luck). It's almost insulting how small the increment is.
Corporate doesn't pay for any employees to receive emergency training (CPR, heart attacks, seizures) and would rather us stand there and let the person die, than lend a helping hand to someone suffering from a medical emergency. This is especially astonishing when you realized that thousands of people frequent the theater each week.
Starting pay is either dollars. That's less than the price of a small water and small popcorn at the concession stand.
With the amount of riff-raf that comes through that theater to see films, the employees deserve a helluva lot more in terms of wages. Corporate, get off your greedy butt and send some of your profits towards the people that are making you that money.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the general manager in the Chico location. She's 23 and still has the maturity and social prowess of a 13 year old.

Fun place to work, but employees should be payed a bit more. Even management

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros: Good work experience. You even learn a lot about… Cons: You deal with a lot of customers that are jerks and… Advice to Senior Management: We have to find a way to get the staff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Cinemark is a decent place to work

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros: Very little micro-management on most levels, get to watch lots of… Cons: Accomplishments not noticed, cap out at 3 weeks of vacation,… Advice to Senior Management: Take better care of your employees. More

There are newer reviews on Cinemark.

Worked for Cinemark? Contribute to the Community!