There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Easy work for minimum wage.

Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office/Maintenance in Palmdale, CA
Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office/Maintenance in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours are good for students. Super easy job... you can literally do the work half asleep or even hungover (Personal experience. It's that easy.). The staff and managers are very nice and accommodating as long as you do your job. Free movies and 50% off concession food during break time is also really nice. In addition, you can sometimes request free movie posters and movie stands after the movie has premiered.

Cons

Customers can be very rude, but that's to be expected in the service industry. Required to work weekends and holidays. Also don't stay too long or else you'll get stuck in the "Cinemark Sinkhole" and never leave because it's too easy of a job.

Advice to Management

PLEASE get rid of the lanyards for the name tags! It gets caught on something at least once a day. For example, just last week, I was placing popping oil under the popper, and the name tag got caught on the box. My head got yanked down and I barely missed smashing my face into the metal frame by about half and inch. It is hazardous and actually spends most of the time flipped around. I understand the need for the purple lanyards to denote underage workers, but those at least over 18 should go back to the clip-on name tags, before someone gets really injured.

Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark

1. Low wage, but fun job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good for a college job, but very little opportunity for growth. Free movies.

Cons

Pay was very low. Stress levels relatively high for the pay scale

Advice to Management

if you want people to stick around longer then 6 months, you got to offer better pay or opportunities to grow

2. Concessions

Former Employee - Concessionist in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Concessionist in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work and a great work environment for a part time gig.

Cons

You smell like popcorn (this could be a Pro). Decent pay and benefits (popcorn) and movie perks.