Cinemark

www.cinemark.com
  www.cinemark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Easy work for minimum wage.

Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office/Maintenance in Palmdale, CA
Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office/Maintenance in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours are good for students. Super easy job... you can literally do the work half asleep or even hungover (Personal experience. It's that easy.). The staff and managers are very nice and accommodating as long as you do your job. Free movies and 50% off concession food during break time is also really nice. In addition, you can sometimes request free movie posters and movie stands after the movie has premiered.

Cons

Customers can be very rude, but that's to be expected in the service industry. Required to work weekends and holidays. Also don't stay too long or else you'll get stuck in the "Cinemark Sinkhole" and never leave because it's too easy of a job.

PLEASE get rid of the lanyards for the name tags! It gets caught on something at least once a day. For example, just last week, I was placing popping oil under the popper, and the name tag got caught on the box. My head got yanked down and I barely missed smashing my face into the metal frame by about half and inch. It is hazardous and actually spends most of the time flipped around. I understand the need for the purple lanyards to denote underage workers, but those at least over 18 should go back to the clip-on name tags, before someone gets really injured.

250 Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark (View Most Recent)

They Can Do Better

Current Employee - Bartender in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Bartender in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cinemark gave me my very first job as bartender w/ no experience. Good perks too ( free movies).

Cons

Restaurant and bar tend to be very slow unless a big movie is premiering or releasing.

Stop promoting kids w/ no education and/or experience over people that do. Effective and competent people need to help run the restaurant. The bar can be very lucrative and financially beneficial to Cinemark if we had a "Happy Hour". There are a lot of Spirits that we should be carrying that we do not (Ciroc Vodka in all flavors, Fireball Whiskey, Basil Hayden, Tito's Vodka, etc.). For my location, please pay more attention to Studio Eats (The Restaurant/Bar).

They won't "Show you the Money"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great started job for high school/college studnets. It's fun and you get free movies.
    Insurance is good; 401K matching is definitely a plus.
    Lots of theatres all over the country.

Cons

If you get to Assistant Manager level or above the pay is NOT UP TO PAR, especially when compared to similar duties/job requirements from other companies and industries. If you' get all the way up to General Manager, the corporate office can be a pain. It's 100 emails all day, every day, telling you 1000 things to do that have litle to do with actually running the building and helping customers. Managers cant do their MAIN job because they are too busy answering emails. Also, you're required to work every weekend and holiday - so the work/life balance is non-existant. You're expected to eat, sleep, and breath the theatre, even when its your day off.

Loosen the purse-strings and pay your people more. If's hard to keep good people when they are paid much less than deserved. Listen to your people; they know the company culture and love and care about the future. Calm down with the emails.

There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark