There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Such potential for a good environment, but higher management/corporate ineptitude ultimately demoralizing.

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

Fun environment, good co-workers, management at theatre level pretty good.

Cons

Leadership above theatre level grossly inept, unprofessional, and inappropriate towards subordinates. Quick to blame theatre management for not meeting goals (which are unclear and constantly changing) but unwilling to provide support on any level.

Advice to Management

Regional leadership since acquisition of Century is incompetent, negligent, and potentially libelous in behavior. This is no longer the company Mr. Mitchell started, which is tragic.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. My experience at Cinemark has been fun.

Current Employee - Box Office Cashier and Projectionist
    Current Employee - Box Office Cashier and Projectionist

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

The job is very fun and exciting. You get to see all of the people in the area and talk to them while they are excited about going to the movie.

Cons

It can be very slow paced some days and if feels like you've been there forever when you really just started work.

Advice to Management

If I were manager I wouldn't make the employees feel so small compared to me. I would also try to get to know my employees better as well.

2. It was fair.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

General Manager was competent in her position and good at what she did. I would recommend it to college students. The way the economy is going, it is a safe bet for paying student loans because no matter how much people hurt financially, they still go to the movies.

Cons

The salary is a little low, but I am sure that Alan Stock will restructure things when the economy picks up.

Advice to Management

Know your employees: what their strengths are and their weaknesses are. Learn to time manage and stay organized...or else customers complain.