There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Such potential for a good environment, but higher management/corporate ineptitude ultimately demoralizing.

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

Fun environment, good co-workers, management at theatre level pretty good.

Cons

Leadership above theatre level grossly inept, unprofessional, and inappropriate towards subordinates. Quick to blame theatre management for not meeting goals (which are unclear and constantly changing) but unwilling to provide support on any level.

Regional leadership since acquisition of Century is incompetent, negligent, and potentially libelous in behavior. This is no longer the company Mr. Mitchell started, which is tragic.

224 Other Employee Reviews for Cinemark (View Most Recent)

It was fair.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

General Manager was competent in her position and good at what she did. I would recommend it to college students. The way the economy is going, it is a safe bet for paying student loans because no matter how much people hurt financially, they still go to the movies.

Cons

The salary is a little low, but I am sure that Alan Stock will restructure things when the economy picks up.

Know your employees: what their strengths are and their weaknesses are. Learn to time manage and stay organized...or else customers complain.

It is a fun, fast paced job, that is great for students, or people with busy schedules.

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

Our product changes every week, and brings in a new crowd and atmosphere with it. It is a fun, job that promotes from within. So with determination, and hard work, becoming a manager is a practical goal. It is very flexible, so going to school, or working a second job is easy with Cinemark. Though the schedule is not fixed. Free movie passes are also a benefit to employees that work there. If you enjoy movies, it's a fun job. It is also 100% trainable. To become management, all you need is a high school diploma, and motivation. It is also good customer service, and sales experience.

Cons

Corporate looks at you like a number, and less of a person. Once things go above the GM there is very little sympathy, or empathy for Cinemark's employees. They are very detached from the actual work that it's employees do, and they cannot relate to issues that arise from customers or otherwise. They expect policy to be enforced. But if any customer complains against the policy, they take a very hands off approach. I also believe that Cinemark horribly underpays it's employees. And, just like any customer service business, customers can be ruthless.

I work for a GM and he is very proactive and hardworking. He sets the standard for all of us there. I wish that other GM's would work as hard as he does. For DM's and above, a little empathy would go a long way. And .25 cent raises are cheap, and tacky. Your employees work hard for you, while you sit and make 6 figures. Some appreciation would be nice. I also wish that DM's and above would be more proactive in customer complaints

There are newer employer reviews for Cinemark

Worked for Cinemark? Contribute to the Community!