Cintas

There are newer employer reviews for Cintas

Don't Expect Respect, Expect Overwork and Condescension

Former Employee - Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent health and 401k benefits. 4 day work week for drivers, weekends off for all. Decent low level co-workers (good people in a bad company.)

Cons

No accountibility for managers. They sidestep all responsibility and throw the regular workers under the bus at every opportunity. Slow to hire replacements, or just plain don't, spreading more work to already overworked people. Claim that they have a culture of openess, but will shut you down if you have anything even slightly negative to say, even if it's about them not following their own policies. They want silent worker drones, and nothing else. No degree? You'll never see a management position! Raises are at a maximum of 3% per year, and only brown-nosers will ever get that. I worked there 14 years in 4 different departments, and went once for a 6 year span with no review or raise. Every time I brought it up, I was brushed aside. Once had a general manager tell me that I would NEVER get another raise, because I was "overpaid as it is." Every year I worked there, I heard "Just be glad you've got a job in THIS economy!" Even in the boom of the late 90's. Once heard the HR manager say of an employee that said he was overworked, "He can either quit, or shut up and go back to work!" She said this rather loudly in front of an office full of hourly employees. Not very professional. Also one of the many employers that decided to tell you how to vote in 2012, implying that if the election didn't go their way, you could lose your job, or at least your health insurance. And that's how they rule; with a culture of intimidation.

None. They wouldn't listen, anyway. They feel that they know all, and anyone bringing anything up to them is beneath notice.

716 Other Employee Reviews for Cintas (View Most Recent)

plenty of opportunity of improvement fro management

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

provide with enough challenges, polite culture

Cons

lack of leadership, employee development and management, strategic planning...

Run and Keep Running

Former Employee - Apparel Designer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Apparel Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work here if you are a guy.

Cons

I worked as an Apparel Designer in their National Account Sales Division in Chicago. The department is full of ignorant people who really believe what they are doing is fashion forward. Unless you are the top 3 people they treat you like dirt and pin you against your co-workers. They are very shady.

Also, If you are a girl forget about advancing to the top! All of upper management are cocky men. The corporate culture is more like brainwashing they call it "drinking the Kool-Aid" and are proud of it. Ladies you have to wear hose in the summer months just so you don't show legs.

Lastly, the office is out by midway (please don't get shot!).

There is a thing called the Internet and you should really invest more in your site

There are newer employer reviews for Cintas