Cintas

www.cintas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cintas

It feels like I live and work at Cintas, terrible worklife balance!

Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Romeoville, IL
Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Romeoville, IL

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Paid weekly
-4 day work weeks
- Good benifits

Cons

-Supposed to be 4 day/10 hour work weeks but usually work 6+ hours on top of the 40.
- Commission with a minimum base salary for SSR's
- Terrible worklife balance
- Poor Management and plant processes
-Work in all extreme conditions in a box truck i.e Rain, sleet, snow
-Vacation request are Seniority based

No comment. Cintas business plan and worklife balance needs a total rehaul

753 Other Employee Reviews for Cintas (View Most Recent)

Don't Expect Respect, Expect Overwork and Condescension

Former Employee - Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent health and 401k benefits. 4 day work week for drivers, weekends off for all. Decent low level co-workers (good people in a bad company.)

Cons

No accountibility for managers. They sidestep all responsibility and throw the regular workers under the bus at every opportunity. Slow to hire replacements, or just plain don't, spreading more work to already overworked people. Claim that they have a culture of openess, but will shut you down if you have anything even slightly negative to say, even if it's about them not following their own policies. They want silent worker drones, and nothing else. No degree? You'll never see a management position! Raises are at a maximum of 3% per year, and only brown-nosers will ever get that. I worked there 14 years in 4 different departments, and went once for a 6 year span with no review or raise. Every time I brought it up, I was brushed aside. Once had a general manager tell me that I would NEVER get another raise, because I was "overpaid as it is." Every year I worked there, I heard "Just be glad you've got a job in THIS economy!" Even in the boom of the late 90's. Once heard the HR manager say of an employee that said he was overworked, "He can either quit, or shut up and go back to work!" She said this rather loudly in front of an office full of hourly employees. Not very professional. Also one of the many employers that decided to tell you how to vote in 2012, implying that if the election didn't go their way, you could lose your job, or at least your health insurance. And that's how they rule; with a culture of intimidation.

None. They wouldn't listen, anyway. They feel that they know all, and anyone bringing anything up to them is beneath notice.

plenty of opportunity of improvement fro management

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

provide with enough challenges, polite culture

Cons

lack of leadership, employee development and management, strategic planning...

There are newer employer reviews for Cintas