There are newer employer reviews for Circles

Good pay unreasonable goals

Former Employee - Senior Service Professional  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Senior Service Professional in Boston, MA

I worked at Circles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to help people and you feel productive. You learn a LOT about satisfying customers, project management, and research.

You get paid well but people in positions that don't have to take phone calls (how they make ALL their money) get considerably less in bonuses than people who do not contribute as much to company revenue.

The benefits are great.

Generally speaking I worked with a really outstanding group of people. However I have heard that they now hire who ever they can and since they're in an odd part of town (Chelmsford) it's harder to get good help. You're sometimes picking up the slack of people that either can't perform their job up to par or don't care enough to do so.

Cons

Upper management doesn't listen to anything people on the floor have to say including the team leaders which leads to decreased productivity, a negative work place, and high attrition.

They don't invest enough into their computers and cloud networking system so their computers are slow and you rely on the computer systems to do your job. You're supposed to work quickly but are forced to wait for computers which stops productivity in its tracks. If they invested more into their network then they'd see more money coming in because the reps could cut their turn around time in half.

Upper management needs to learn to trust its employees.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Circles (View Most Recent)

Circles Used to be a Good Company....

Current Employee - Service Professional  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Service Professional in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Circles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual Dress Code
    Shift Schedules for students, working parents, etc.

Cons

- The real problem is that the company has a “slash & burn” mentality about their employees.
    Instead of cultivating a well-tended garden of happy employees and seeing which each individual employee has to offer, Circles finds it easier to uncaringly use-up the ones it has, spit them out, and then move on to the next crop all the while using the excuse that the high attrition rate is due solely to the brutal customer service industry and not to their inability to listen & truly care. I have worked in the customer service industry for 15+ years and I have never seen employee attrition and dissatisfaction like at Circles.
    - The company used to truly care about the quality of results. Now just get info/product to customer regardless of accuracy and lack of professional results. I was informed by a manager that it is more important to take as many calls possible then to worry about accuracy which takes time. The emails I have seen other co-workers send to customers make it appear that the company hires reps with less than a third grade education. It made me embarrassed to be an employee there. And they wonder why customers are using aps and making the dinner/ticket reservations themselves. Gee, let's see...Am I going to call a concierge service that 50% of the time screws up, never follows through forcing me to waste my time dealing with an issue, sounds unprofessional, and the whole process ends up being more of a hassle...or should I just do it myself and save myself the aggravation? I would however, memorize a concierge phone number if 99% of the time I receive seamless quality, accurate, & professional results that someone has spent more than five minutes on Google working on it for me. How hard is it to grasp that the speed of results, while preferred, should not be prized over accuracy. In the end, what good are rapid results if they are incorrect or shoddy? SPs that care get penalized as it is ALL about numbers and successfully creating the illusion of being a quality concierge service without actually taking the time for quality.
    - Most SPs don't last a year. The turnover rate is astronomical. There is an ongoing joke among SPs that if an SP makes it more than 2 years it is because they are lucky with friends is high places, crazy, or stupid. If you do last, seniority is meaningless.
    - Everything they do in an attempt to obtain that "Employer of Choice" title lost years ago is now merely window dressing...a cheap Band-Aid to the real problem of incredibly high employee dissatisfaction. They have all these committees, surveys, etc... to try to fix the issue, but they never truly listen (which essentially is their problem to begin with). In fact, the new ping-pong table looks great in the break room...but on a day that 1/2 the office calls out due to a blizzard and it takes me 3.5 HOURS driving to work in perilous conditions with ONLY emergency vehicles on the road and I am 10 minutes late; I should be thanked for my effort and risking my vehicle & life, not get written up for tardiness and be told by management that I should have left my house earlier for a normally 35 minute drive AND then be subjected to harassment all shift because we are short staffed!!!!!
    - Work policies change on a weekly basis and employees are penalized for not being up-to-date with the ever changing procedures...yet the employees are never given even 5 minutes during their shift to read/memorize these daily changes...we are expected to do it between calls (that's a joke) or on our breaks.
    - No growth opportunities whatsoever unless you constantly market yourself and schmooze with upper management. Otherwise employees are just a number.
    - VERY stressful job (constantly scrutinized, monitored, & watched by management, yelled at by customers, chained to a chair, etc.) and upper management forgets this or simply doesn't care.
    - Not allowed to consume to excess fluids as you will be reprimanded for taking bathroom breaks outside of your allotted time (only 3 per shift). I was yelled at many times for taking 3 minute pee breaks 5 times during my entire shift as it added up to 15 minutes of time I was not able to take a call...I was actually advised by my manager to stop drinking water.
    - They only keep a record of all the things you do wrong, never a record on all the emails from thrilled customers, or how you changed shifts to help with the company's needs, or you swapped shifts with an employee to help out, or all the times you assisted co-workers, how you pacified an irate customer and resolved a complaint due to company negligence, etc. Instead, just how you don't take enough calls, missed shift due to personal issues (child hit by car, etc.), or you urinate too much.

- LISTEN
    - Stop doing what is "Easy" and go back to "What Matters!"
    - Appreciate your employees...stop treating them like a resource to be carelessly used up and start treating them like an asset.

Cannot Recommend in Current form

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Circles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people through lower levels of company

Cons

Changing priorities
    Poor strategic planning
    Little employee loyalty

Pick a direction and stick with it

There are newer employer reviews for Circles

Worked for Circles? Contribute to the Community!