Circuit City
www.circuitcity.com Richmond, VA 5000+ Employees

Best Job I've ever had!

Design Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Circuit City

ProsThis job gave me some great benefits. Including great medical, dental, vision, 401k, and stock purchase program. I had on average 3-4 weeks paid vacation a year. The other staff was very pleasant and you can make some long term friendships there. The retail environment can give you some good down time and some good busy time. There was a great balance of both busy work and relaxing work. Working in the TV department gave me the ability to watch virtually any movie I could think of. The employee discount allowed me to get the entertainment system I always wanted.

ConsThe retail environment could be annoying at times, with working long hours, weekends, and holidays. Working on "black Friday" was the worst. It would typically be a 15-18 hour workday. Management would always pressure you to go over and beyond to sell the products without any type of compensation. Pushing the "warranty" program could be frustrating at times, if you did not sell it you would be scrutinized by your manager. The professionalism of your co-workers felt like you had an "after school job" and not a professional one. The ability for advancement could have been much better than what it was.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up on internal business to your employees.

Great people, great opportunities, great place to work

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Circuit City

Pros: The people. Working with some cutting edge techonology and applications. Cons: Being in retail the company is subject to and facing… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to put focus back on the company core competencies -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Phil Schoonover steps down at Circuit City

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Springfield, MO

I worked at Circuit City

Pros: Discounts and staying up on the latest electronics Cons: This place was not good at all. Management was terrible. There was no communication whatsoever. It was a hodgepodge shop where the people there lacked… Advice to Senior Management: Terrible. Some of the decisions that were made were questionable at best. Make sure… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Circuit City.

Worked for Circuit City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Circuit City reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Circuit City CEO Richard Leeds. All reviews posted anonymously by Circuit City employees.