There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Best in the world...

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

I love Cisco. My role in sales is very fast paced and rewarding, both personally and financially. The Cisco family is unstoppable when it wants to be. Senior leaders are energized about the company and communicate our vision and strategy with clarity.

Cons

Cisco is a large company with a complex set of corporate initiatives and solutions. You will need your thinking cap to be successful.

Prune the dead wood. Cisco has many employees at the 1st and 2nd level of management that don't lead and won't make hard decisions.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Former Employee - Systems Test Eng in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Test Eng in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

As long as it's in networking if you get bored in one area you can move to almost any other area.

Cons

It can be slow to change, in certain areas that are changing quickly.

Have them try to be more universal and policies rather than letting each BU decide on its own.

2. The best in class.

Current Employee - Product Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Product Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Flexible work environment. Part of a world-class company with strong ethics and employee empowerment. Great options to explore opportunities in technology and leadership. It's a competitive and highly motivated work environment that is good for some but not everyone.

Cons

Sometimes the work - life balance is compromised by the motivated work environment.

Keep a focus on maintaining a entrepreneurial and creative culture. We have to avoid becoming too slow and encumbered to drive timely and appropriate innovation

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems