Cisco Systems

A Great Place To Work and Grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Cisco allows employees to be accountable and responsible. This creates a culture of the best rising to the top, and being rewarded for their actions and accomplishments.

Cons

As with any large company, there is a decent amount of bureaucracy and unfair practices. However, when brought to the attention of most managers, I've seen these situation be resolved fairly.

Make decisions based on data, data and more data. Don't allow certain individuals to influence who should get funding, what should be cut or where to balance the business.

5773 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Great Experience Until I got Laid off (as a Consultant) due to Budget Cuts

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Flexible work hours (opportunity to work from home if your manager allows it). I found Cisco to be an intellectually stimulating work environment since most of my colleagues were very intelligent, hard-working, and collaborative. There are some very interesting projects and many opportunities to learn new skills. I had a great manager that offered opportunities to work on increasingly challenging projects if they were available and a person was performing successfully.

Cons

Senior management does not really understand what kind of resources are needed to implement some of these projects. Some of the funding and staffing decisions that have been made have been disastrous to the successful outcome of projects, which can be measured by the quality of the implementation and number and severity of issues after Go-Live. They do not understand that going live does not necessarily mean going live successfully.

Senior management should understand the difference between the skillsets of a Project Manager and a Business Analyst and that the skills of both are needed for complex projects that need a strong understanding of the impacted functionalities.

Commitment to the customer to provide world class solutions for the enterprise and SMB market

Current Employee - Project Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Project Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

An industry leader in Enterprise UC solutions. Targeted company priorities and vision.

Cons

Too complex and difficult to do business with both internally and customer facing.

Focus on changing what can be changed or improved. Have more back bone to stand up to the negative criticisms and take out the competition if it is needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems