Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com
  www.cisco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

My overall experience was good. I enjoyed the people and was afforded to do some amazing things at Cisco.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC
Former Employee - Project Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Pay and benefits. Flexible work options. Most of the folk want to have a team environment, but the polarization of management and a select few seem to limit a climb in moral.

Cons

Disconnect between management and non management employments. The politics in the company is disturbing and fosters a feeling of being treated beneath others.

Maybe you're going about this all wrong in terms of how you build your management staff. If you allow managers to only surround themselves with people who think just like they do, indirectly the company is stunted exponentially, because you're breeding segregation, and killing moral. John, Please please change this.

5427 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Too much politics, and everyone want to please their boss

Former Employee - Architect in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Architect in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Company has pot of cash;

Cons

Too much politics in the environment; Favors offshore model and takes away US jobs;

Please stop moving Jobs outside USA;

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Good work and recog from mid-level managers and my direct manager. Work is self starting, freedom to go and pursue initiatives I feel benefits our clients.

Cons

Red tape, easy to get overlooked if not always giving extra effort, sometimes overworked in services (not sure about engineering divisions). Easy for others to "cruise" but also easy to stand out if you put in the effort.

Good direct level and mid-level mgrs. More direct messaging from executives (face to face or in-person meetings).

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems