Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

A stellar company with strong leadership and innovation.

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Great company, good leadership, very good benefits, people take pride in their work and actually help each other succeed. Little pettiness, very professional organziation and community--coworkers are actually friends. Salaries are very good.

Cons

Very little downsides. High expectations, as this is a very high performing organziation. But that is to be expected. There is nowhere to "hide" at Cisco. If that's what you want or you don't have a good work ethic, look elsewhere.

Senior management actually listens and overall is doing a great job, especially in Services/Consutling. Another plus is that they promote from within and have a very diverse management team. Everyone has an opportunity to grow, which is great to see.

5808 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Positive work life balance

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Latest Technology
    Excellent work-life balance

Cons

Large company has lots of independent silos

Good Job

Cisco Kool-Aid

Current Employee - Marketing Programs Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Programs Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

So many reasons. Very innovative and expanding into new technologies. Strong focus on collaboration and also making a difference in the world. The culture for the most part reflects this collaborative style but differs a little from group to group. The Executives communicate what is going on within the organization. No layoffs even in a tough economy! Company is very open to people rotating between functional areas and business units although it is on the onus of the individual employee to network and reach out for that next opportunity. Less Bureacracy than I think most other large organizations. Free soda!

Cons

Well, it is a large company so therefore there is some bureacracy. It sometimes takes some time to make decisions in order to go through proper channels. We were forced to take 4 vacation days for the week after Christmas this year whether we wanted to or not (or had work to do or not). However, still no layoffs!

Honestly, I can't think of anything at the highest level. I think they are doing a great job. Pay me more maybe? :-)

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems