There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Not really worth.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Good compensation & benefits if you have an upper hand.

Cons

Once you have accepted the offer & joined, it is quite difficult to move up or get appreciated, unless you are good at kiss a** to succeed.

Lot of engineers with mediocre talent perhaps the budget dictates the quality of people. Bureaucracy & process bogs down everything. First skill you should need is politics and how to derail others work.

Cisco internal Pulse employee survey meant to get candid feedback about their boss / management & Cisco. But it is one big phony trick, you will forced to give a positive feedback abt boss & senior management, if not you will have to face the same consequence on performance review, because the management will indirectly warm you that they have a mechanism to identify what the individuals response are.

We are developing a product for past 4-5 years under the excuse that the customers absolutely rely on it for their day to day network operations, but in fact there is only a handful of actual users using the system out of 1000's of projected users, and we haven't even added any net new features for more than past 2 years with 20+ team just doing bug fixes, because the code & standards are so poor. There is not much respect/value for engineering, which leads to high attrition, it is like a revolving door. I have seen more than 25 people come join & leave in my team alone...

Decided its time to move on..

4912 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Great place but....

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Very flexible and great place to work

Cons

less career growth opportunity and not much emphasis on innovation

Message announced to the employee are politically overloaded...

Cisco is a great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Engineer II  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

The environment is very nice, with a lot of professionals willing to help. Lots of information at your fingertips.

Cons

Moves slow, resources are occasionally hard to find. Travel restrictions depending on the Theatre

Even when it is understandable that operational cost should be controlled, our competitors are usually willing to leverage Cisco's travel restrictions and other controls to be present at customers more often and steal business.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!