Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

Not really worth.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood compensation & benefits if you have an upper hand.

ConsOnce you have accepted the offer & joined, it is quite difficult to move up or get appreciated, unless you are good at kiss a** to succeed.

Lot of engineers with mediocre talent perhaps the budget dictates the quality of people. Bureaucracy & process bogs down everything. First skill you should need is politics and how to derail others work.

Cisco internal Pulse employee survey meant to get candid feedback about their boss / management & Cisco. But it is one big phony trick, you will forced to give a positive feedback abt boss & senior management, if not you will have to face the same consequence on performance review, because the management will indirectly warm you that they have a mechanism to identify what the individuals response are.

We are developing a product for past 4-5 years under the excuse that the customers absolutely rely on it for their day to day network operations, but in fact there is only a handful of actual users using the system out of 1000's of projected users, and we haven't even added any net new features for more than past 2 years with 20+ team just doing bug fixes, because the code & standards are so poor. There is not much respect/value for engineering, which leads to high attrition, it is like a revolving door. I have seen more than 25 people come join & leave in my team alone...

Decided its time to move on..

Great place but....

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: Very flexible and great place to work Cons: less career growth opportunity and not much emphasis on innovation Advice to Senior Management: Message announced to the employee are politically overloaded... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Work Life Balance

Product Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: My group is very flexible, allowing me to work remotely to help take care of grandparent post surgery and suggested I should stay there helping… Cons: I have heard this varies by group but lots of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!